venerdì 4 aprile 2008

Skype 3

This time I talked with Michelle Mercogliano. She has Italian origins; her father arrived in America when he was 7 years old. She has come to Italy several times to visit her relatives in Naples.
We talked about American and Italian voting systems. We realised that unfortunately Michelle, like a lot of other young American people of her age, does not know much about this topic. She is 18 years old and she is going to vote for the first time in November. She thinks that in her country there is a proportional system but she doesn't know that there is also another voting system used in other countries of the US.
Then we talked about the Italian politics. Michelle didn't understand why Italians seem to 'hate' Berlusconi, but they continue to vote him. She got this impression after watching Nanni Moretti's movie 'Il Caimano'. I explained her that in Italy we don't vote directly for the Prime Minister. We elect the members of the Parliament and then it's the President of the Republic who choose the right person among the Magiority. Or at least this is what our system is supposed to be.
This morning I also received an e-mail from Kelsey Taylor, the American peer with whom I talked during my first Skype exchange. She apologized because the last two times she was absent and she asked to Skype together during this week end. Probably we are going to talk togethr on Saturday. I appreciate a lot her way of showing her interest in our Skype exchange.

3 commenti:

Claudia ha detto...

Hi Serena!

Your German is intruding into your English...jung? or young?

Sorry, for my comment, but it made me laugh because it is the typical mistake of our poor student of German!

see you on Monday
Claudia

Serena Santi ha detto...

Thank you Claudia!
Did you see the new configuration of my blog? Do you like it? I saw you made some changes too.

Claudia ha detto...

I've seen you've changed a bit! It's nice! So you've seen mine?! I was a bit tired of the blogger template...

but it was harder than it seems!

see you in a couple of hours!